We got a grill. WE GOT A GRILL!
Over the last two years, I've slowly but steadily growing a list of "things I'll make when we get a grill," but we held out, looking for a good deal. And, after two years of waiting? Not once did we spot a grill on sale that was also a grill we wanted. But earlier this month, we finally got a grill off of Craigslist -- a steal, really.
And oh have we been grilling. Chicken. Sausages. Fish for tacos. Even brussels sprouts. This Peach-Jalapeño Grilled Chicken is one of the highlights for me so far, something that I started working on B.G. (before grill 😏) but couldn’t get quite right until we had a grill. Nothing like cooking over an open flame!
I have been super crazy for peaches lately, gobbling them up fresh every day. This recipe uses peach preserves, so you can make it any time of year, though if it is peach season, fresh grilled peaches make for a sweet side. Jalapeños add some zing, along with a bit of fresh ginger. It's a sticky, spicy, sweet, savory combo that screams summer, Perfect with a side salad or grilled veggies.
(And, it’s fast to make and EASY. If you know how to stir, you can make this glaze — because that’s all you have to do, stir it together. 🙌)
Serves: 2-3 | Active Time: 20 minutes
- Whisk together the peach preserves, soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger, garlic, and jalapeño in the bottom of a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Place chicken in the bowl with the sauce, and turn to coat.
- Heat grill with a medium-high flame. When the grill is hot, place the chicken on the grate and close the lid. Allow the chicken to cook for 3 minutes with out moving to get good sear marks. Then, flip to the second side.
- Cook chicken breasts until they reach an internal temperature of 165°F or the juices run clear (I use this Instant Read Thermometer, and it’s great (affiliate link!))
- If serving with grilled peaches: slice peaches in half and remove the pit. Lightly oil the fleshy side of each peach (use a high-heat oil such as coconut) and place on the grill. Grill for 4-5 minutes, undisturbed.
- Remove chicken from heat, and sprinkle with cilantro. Serve hot with lime wedges and fresh jalapeño slices.