I am newly obsessed with this curry. I see piles of squash as I walk through the grocery store; I begin wondering how many bowls of curry I could make, and how many cans of coconut milk I should buy.
What's better is that my grocery list is short: I add cauliflower, carrots, and check my cupboard to ensure I have all of my typical spices on hand. Onions, garlic, and ginger are already sitting in the vegetable basket, as if they knew this was coming.
When it comes time to put everything together, I pull out the Instant Pot-- this stew is no waiting game, you just throw it in the Instant Pot and hit go. I chop everything up, pour in the coconut milk and spices, and lock the lid. I take a shower, and next thing you know this curry is piping hot and ready to go. Does it get any better?
Serves: 4 | Total Time:
- 1 inch ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 serrano chile
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 butternut squash
- 2-3 large carrots
- 3 sprigs cilantro, plus more for serving
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1- 1/2 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- A few cracks each of salt & pepper
- Dice the onion, ginger, garlic, and serrano chile. Then, roughly chop the carrots, and cut the cauliflower into small bite-sized florets. Peel and seed the squash, and chop that into bite-sized pieces as well. Add all of the vegetables to the pot.
- Add cilantro, coconut milk, vegetable broth, and spices to the pot. Secure pressure cooker lid, and set Instant Pot to Stew setting with the timer at 5 minutes.
- Once Instant Pot is done, release the pressure. Remove lid, and store curry. Serve in bowls and top with cilantro sprigs.