Update: I added new pictures to this post on 5/11/2018. The recipe is the same :) So yummy!
And it's the best thing I’ve eaten all month.
Is there anything not to love about long, slurpy noodles coated in pesto? Crunchy bits of bacon and starchy peas? This is the best thing I’ve eaten all month, and I’m not exaggerating.
Normally, noodles drenched in this much pesto and served with generous amounts of bacon would be quite a heavy dish, but this is where the zoodles come in: hellooooo zoodles! (Have you noticed I love zoodles yet?) Since zoodles are made of zucchini, you can smother them in pesto and toss in the bacon and still end your meal without that heavy I-just-ate-is-it-nap-time-now feeling.
Jump into pesto season with me while it's here!
Serves: 4 | Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pesto sauce (homemade or store bought)
- 1 cup green peas (frozen or fresh)
- 8 ounces bacon, cooked and crumbled into bite sized pieces
- Heat 1 teaspoon coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. When the oil glistens, add the peas, and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until bright green.
- Spiralize the zucchini into zoodles with a Spiralizer. Pile the zucchini noodles into a skillet and place the lid on (they will cook down). Cook for 5 minutes, and then add the pesto, stirring and turning the noodles to coat them in pesto. Top with bacon, and toss everything one more time to combine.
- Serve hot (leftovers are also good cold!)