Summer is young and I can already tell it's going to be a hot one. I'm all skirts and tank tops during the week, and headed to the mountains for cooler air on the weekend. You know that saying "cool as a cucumber?" I think I know why they say that: when it's blazing hot outside, cucumbers are the best thing for cooling you down.
Actually all of the flavors in this salad will cool you down: heirloom cherry tomatoes, freshly squeezed lemon juice, parsley, and crunchy radishes.
When I make this salad I like to dice everything up small so that each bite can have a little bit of everything: a bit of cool cucumber, sweet tomato, and herby parsley... you get the picture. Perfect for barbecues, picnics, and really just any lunch in the sun.
Serves: 8 | Total Time:
- 1 cucumber
- 1 pint of heirloom cherry tomatoes (regular cherry tomatoes will work as well)
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 5 radishes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Wash the vegetables and dice into 1-centimeter pieces. Toss in a large salad bowl. Mince parsley.
- Drizzle with olive oil, balsamic, lemon juice. Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Toss to combine again. Serve.