A LOT of time in my day is dedicated to food: I carve out time in the morning to make breakfast and we almost always make dinner after going to the gym in the evening... not to mention all of the moments in between! Made in Nature asked me to write a post on their blog showing everyone what a day in the life of me is like, and this is one thing I realized. Food = life. Read all about it on their site later today, here!
A lot of the recipes on Foraged Dish have quite the ingredient list, which isn't always approachable for lunch on a weekday, so this recipe is an example of a lunch that is quick and easy to make any old day of the week, or even the night before! I'm a big fan of leftovers for lunch, but sometimes I just don't have any, so this simple salad is one way to a glorious desk lunch.
So this chicken salad: YES, it has only 5-ingredients (ok, it's six if you count salt & pepper, but do those even count?):
- Chicken (duh!)
- Pecans for a nutty crunch
- Raisins add a touch of sweetness and a bit of chew--I used the Made in Nature Raisins, which have no added sugar (or anything, they are just raisins!)
- Celery keeps everything bright and fresh
- Yogurt brings it all together. You can use mayo in place of the yogurt if you prefer, too.
This is about convenience, so use what you have. If you have mustard in the house, add a tablespoon! It adds just a bit more flavor and sauciness which I do not oppose. But for the sake of keeping this recipe easy and short, don't worry about mustard if you can't find it or you feel too lazy.
Because I am always (always) sneaking veggies onto my plate, I serve it all over a bed of greens. In this case, it's baby spinach but you could use arugula, lettuce, or a blend. You pick!
This recipe is below, but I'm also sharing a Mango Coconut Chia Parfait that is seriously amazing over on the Made in Nature blog later today, that you should probably go check out, too.
Made in Nature provided me with product and compensation to make a recipe with their product, but this is a recipe I make all the time already. Opinions are all my own. Working with brands to develop wholesome recipes is one way I keep Foraged Dish going! Made in Nature helps me stock the pantry and keep the blog going. I only work with brands that I truly enjoy and use. This post may contain affiliate links.
Serves: 3 | Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups cubed chicken breast (cooked)
- 1/2 cup chopped celery (bite sized pieces)
- 1/4 cup plain whole-milk yogurt or mayo
- 1/4 cup raisins with no added sugar
- 1/4 cup toasted pecan pieces
- Salt & Pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until even is well distributed. Chill in fridge and serve over a bed of greens.