The top indicator that dinner smells amazing: Oliver walking into the kitchen and saying “I need a glass a wine to go with this!” 🍷 Those are the exact words I heard when I first pulled a pizza made with a CauliPower crust from the oven.
I've made plenty of pizzas on non-traditional crusts before, and they usually get a similar reaction, but even I admit that these pizzas looked above and beyond. CauliPower crusts are unlike any cauliflower based pizza I've made before--they get crispy, like actually crispy in the oven! They do have corn and rice flour in them, so they are not grain-free, but for a special Friday night in, they totally do the trick. The best part is that all you have to do is pull a frozen crust from the oven, put your favorite toppings on, and bake it for 11-14 minutes (I live at altitude so I let it go a little longer; I just love crispy crust). In that time, I can whip up a bright side salad (like this one) and even pour myself a glass of vino.
We have tested quite a few flavor combos already: Hawaiian, Supreme, and Everything But the Kitchen Sink. This one has been my favorite by far. The goat cheese pairs so well with the roasted broccolini and spicy sausage. Plus, I've never been a big tomato sauce fan so I don't miss it for a minute when a pizza is dressed with olive oil. (I know some of you are shuddering right now: a pizza with out tomato sauce?! Infuriating! ...It's ok. You can use tomato sauce. I will not judge. And I would still eat this pizza if it has piles of sauce on it; it's just that good.)
Next, I plan to make a breakfast pizza with eggs on top. What's you dream pizza combination?
CauliPower provided me with product to try out, but the recipes and opinions are all my own. I discovered CauliPower while traveling and loved it so much I got in touch with them. Working with brands to develop wholesome recipes is one way I keep Foraged Dish going! CauliPower helps me stock the pantry and keep the blog going. I only work with brands that I truly enjoy and use. This post may contain affiliate links.
Serves: 2 | Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 CauliPower pizza crust, (frozen, do not thawed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 red onion, slice thin
- 2 ounces cooked spicy Italian sausage
- 1 cup chopped broccolini
- Optional for serving: red pepper flakes, parmesan, etc.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Unwrap pizza crust from plastic, and place on cooking pan (I leave the cardboard under it and use a cookie sheet).
- Use the back of a spoon to spread olive oil over crust. Then, sprinkle mozzarella over top and then goat cheese. Evenly distribute the onion, broccolini, and sausage crumbles. Place in oven and bake for 11-14 minutes, until cheese is bubbling and just starting to brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve hot with desired accouterments (such as parmesan and red pepper flakes).
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.