Last weekend I joined my friends at Made In Nature at Expo West for a press event. It was so fun to see all of my favorite small companies in one place! There were lots of new discoveries, too, which I wanted to share with you all. Here are my top picks and a recap from the event!
Do you know any of these products? Let me know what your favorite natural products are in the comments!
1. There was a lot of full-fat yogurt at the event this year, which makes my heart feel all warm and fuzzy. I tried Siggi's new triple cream yogurt, and the Greek Gods new full-fat greek yogurt. Both were pretty dang good, but I have to say my absolute favorite was this Drinkable Coffee Yogurt from Maple Hill Creamy, which is real-deal, 100% grass-fed. The Maple Hill team called it "liquid gold" and they weren't kidding! This stuff is it. ... while we're on the topic of full-fat, I also chatted with the team behind Fatworks and can't wait to cook some potatoes in their goose fat!
2. CauliPower Pizza Crusts. Holy moly, these may have just changed my life in terms of pizza. I've had plenty of cauliflower pizzas, but this took everything to a whole new level: the crust was super crispy, and I can not wait to start making some delicious pies with them. (These are made with rice flour and corn flour).
3. I know it's March, but I'm getting really excited for Thanksgiving because these dehydrated onions rings are so good. They are perfect for snacking (they remind me of my childhood Funion days) but I am just dying to put them on a green bean casserole. They also have all of their products in snack-sized versions right now which is perfect for our climbing or biking days.
4. Tipu's Chai. I'm a bit of a chai snob so for this to make it on my list means a lot. Tipu's Chai is a loose leaf tea but it packs so much flavor it tastes like it was made in a traditional tea house or an Indian kitchen. They were sampling their new green tea blend and I want a big giant mug of it.
5. I'm already day dreaming about what to make with this baking bar Divine Chocolate gave me. Anyone have suggestions? (Also, confession time: I actually packed one of their bars in my backpack for the plane...) Their chocolate is fair trade and non-GMO, and when it comes to flavor and texture there's no question they rock!
More recipes coming your way on Thursday! Hint: it's a little tropical vacation for your next taco bowl.
Made in Nature sponsored my trip to Expo West, but all opinions are all my own. Working with brands to develop wholesome recipes is one way I keep Foraged Dish going! I only work with brands that I truly enjoy and use.