This week. It's been a test. By Tuesday at 2pm I thought it was 5pm. By Wednesday morning I was going to Thursday meetings (only to realize my internal clock was off 15 minutes later) and by Wednesday afternoon I said something along the lines of TGIF, only to realize Friday was still days away.
So this morning, (Hey! It's Friday now!!) I'm remembering the importance of taking a moment to chill. Even on those week that feel extra hectic, a slow moment or two keeps me sane.
On Wednesday evening, I left work and headed to one of my favorite classes at the gym. I was running late, and my mind was still spinning. I felt like I should just skip the class all together, and get some work done, but my brain was only moving in circles at that point, and productivity was lost.
I am so glad I did. An hour later I was laughing, and two hours later my head was straight and I knew what day it was. I realized my mind had been spinning on small things, and that the hardest parts of the week were over. They don't call it Hump Day for nothing, do they?
Do you know what else they say?
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
And now that it's Friday, and I'm looking back on my week, I know it's true. It's Friday! Finally Friday. Around here we're celebrating with Margaritas. Spicy sweet margaritas, because that's what we do!
Hope you all have a fun and safe Friday! And I hope you all take a moment to reward yourselves, too!
Serves: 3 | Total Time:
- 2 large sweet red grapefruits
- 2 habaneros
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 ounces tequila
- 2 tablespoons honey or other liquid sweetener
- Salt for glasses
- Slice the habaneros. Place them in a jar and pour the tequila over top. Allow to soak for 30 minutes to an hour, until the tequila reaches your desired spice level (if you are sensitive to spice, consider reducing this time). Strain the habaneros from the tequila.
- Peel the grapefruits. Place the fruit in a blender with 1 cup water and puree the fruit until smooth. Use a fine mesh strainer to remove the pulp.This should yield about 3 cups of juice.
- Stir in the honey to taste. Then add the tequila, and stir until incorporated.
- Salt the rims of the margarita glasses. Pour marks over ice or allow them to chill in the fridge until cold, and then serve.