About a year ago, I was prepping for a trip to Germany--what a trip it was! This year, with no big travel on my horizon, I instead cook my way to vacation: Thai curry, tacos, German Potato Salad. You get the picture.
It's rare that I crave potato salad, but this day was different: my mind started daydreaming about mountains with restaurants on top and fresh baked strudel. And yes, potato salad. But not just any kind of potato salad. My day dreams where filled with a special vision that included roasted potatoes, grain mustard, and bacon... lots of bacon.
When I finally could no longer take the torment of those daydreams, I bought a sack of fingerling potatoes, grainy mustard and that pack of bacon. Mini staycation, here I come!
Serves: 4 | Total Time:
- 1 pound small rainbow potatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (or reserved bacon grease)
- 2 slices bacon, cooked
- 2 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- Salt & pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3 green onions
- Begin by washing the potatoes and cutting them into quarters, or bite sized pieces. Place in bowl, and toss with melted coconut oil (or reserved bacon grease), mustard, and paprika. Once the potatoes are evenly coated, spread them out on a baking sheet. Bake at 400°F for 45 minutes.
- When the potatoes are crisp on the outside and soft through, scrape them into a heat-proof bowl. Dice up the bacon (cooked) and mince the green onions. Add both the bowl and toss. Season with salt & pepper; serve.