When I first started thinking about all of the holiday goodies in the world and which ones I wanted to make (and share) this season, I jumped to gingerbread pretty much from the start. Even though I already have this recipe for grain-free gingerbread men on the site, I wanted to share another recipe because the cozy combination of spices is just quintessential wintertime for me.
What I hadn't thought through yet, was how many sweets come with the holiday season, and how every year I wish for those classic holiday flavors in a healthier form. It was right around the time that I began researching for a chewy gingerbread cookie that my friends over at Made in Nature asked me if I would help them with some holiday recipes. Ding! It was as if the stars had aligned and everything came together. Of course. Why not make a chewy gingerbread bite using Made In Nature's Dates?
I went to the Made In Nature test kitchen this morning... The end result is delicious.
These raw gingerbread cookies are something I would take climbing or skiing, but I also just grab one out of the fridge when I need a little something sweet. Heck, I'd even take a batch to a holiday cookie swamp-- it's always so nice to have something a little healthier in the mix.
Made in Nature provided me with product and compensation for this blog post, but the recipes and opinions are all my own. Working with brands to develop wholesome recipes is one way I keep Foraged Dish going! Made In Nature helps me stock the pantry and keep the blog going. I only work with brands that I truly enjoy and use.
Serves: 24 | Total Time:
- 1 6-ounce package Made in Nature Organic Deglet Noor Dates
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated on microplane
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 14 teaspoon ground cloves
- Pinch of salt
- If making spheres, roll crumbs together by the tablespoonful to make a single bite. If using cookie cutters, press mixture into a 9x9 baking dish in even layer. Then, use cookie cutter to cut out shapes. Carefully release shapes from cutters, as they can break easily.
- Serve or store in air-tight container in the fridge.